The Your Move crews are skillfully trained in the art of packing. At your request, our team can come and assist in packing some or even all of your items prior to your upcoming move. It could be your flat screen TV that you want us to carefully prepare for transport (to make sure you don’t miss the Pats on Sunday) or Fine China, whatever the case, we’ve got you covered.
We frequently find that our customers underestimate how stressful and time consuming packing can be. One of our main goals is to always help our customers stay under their moving budget. This can be difficult if a large amount of unexpected packing needs to be done by our team on moving day. For this reason, we include packing services as an option for our customers prior to moving day.
The Your Move team’s specialized packing skills include:
- Glassware (Dishes, China, Fragile Items)
The best way for us to understand the unique packing needs of a customer is through an On-Site Estimate. This way we are able to discuss in detail what options are available, and which items may need some extra TLC.
A well packed customer on moving day means a quick and efficient move. If preparing all of your belongings seems daunting, too time consuming, or you don’t have all of the supplies you need, call our team to discuss how we can help.
- Clearly mark boxes containing fragile items
- Pack one room at a time, labeling each individual box with the contents, and indicate which room in the new home to put the box
- Take this time to throw away items you’ve been meaning to get rid of. This will allow for a fresh start in your new home and less items to transport.
- Securely tape the top and bottom of boxes
- Use plently of filler material in your boxes to secure the contents inside. (Packing paper, popcorn, newspaper, etc.)
- Prepare a necessities box and set it aside clearly marked. This will have all of the items you’ll need for that first night in your new home so you won’t need to go digging through boxes for phone chargers, toiletries, change of clothes, towels, etc.